Our data are freely available to scholars and a broader public interested in how political parties vote on military missions. Our aim is to extend the dataset to include additional countries and to update the dataset regularly.
Version 1 of the dataset comes in the following files:
- PDVD-votes_V1 (xls, 152KB)
- PDVD-votes_V1 (csv, 32KB)
- PDVD-party-family-term_V1 (xlsx, 34KB)
- PDVD-party-family-term_V1 (csv, 17KB)
- PDVD Codebook V1 (docx, 223KB)
- data_deploymentvotes_V1 (xls) – tabbed overview Excel sheet
When using this version, please cite the following:
Wolfgang Wagner, Anna Herranz-Surrallés, Juliet Kaarbo, and Falk Ostermann (forthcoming). ‘Party politics at the water’s edge: Contestation of military operations in Europe.’ European Political Science Review (online first). https://doi.org/10.1017/S1755773918000097.
Explore visually how parties voted on military missions here. You’ll find a visualization of our data in Shiny, programmed by Martijn Schoonvelde.