The International Treaty Ratification Votes Database (ITRVD) includes data on 6,010 parliamentary votes on the ratification of international treaties for the period between 1990 and 2019 in Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the USA.
We provide the following files and documentation for version #1.0 of the database:
- ITRVD_v1_votes – parliamentary-level ratification votes data (xlsx, 1.6MB)
- ITRVD_v1_party-votes – party-level ratification votes data (xlsx, 1.9MB)
- codebook (pdf, 1MB)
- background to coding – additional country-specific coding information (pdg, 900KB)
- list of parties (pdf, 830KB)
You can also find the datasets on the Harvard Dataverse: https://dataverse.harvard.edu/dataset.xhtml?persistentId=doi:10.7910/DVN/ZRCTNC
In papers or publications using this database, we ask users to refer to the database as the International Treaty Ratification Votes Database and cite documentation as follows:
- Falk Ostermann, Florian Böller, Anna Herranz-Surrallés, Juliet Kaarbo, Philippe Lagassé, Benjamin Martill, Michal Onderco, Tapio Raunio, Özlem Terzi, Valerio Vignoli, and Wolfgang Wagner. 2022. International Treaty Ratification Votes Database. www.treatyratificationvotes.eu.