Skip to content
- Böller, Florian. 2021. “Vandenberg Vanished: US Congress and the Politicization of Military Interventions.” Parliamentary Affairs. https://doi.org/10.1093/pa/gsab023.
- Coticchia, Fabrizio, and Valerio Vignoli. 2020. “Populist Parties and Foreign Policy: the Case of Italy’s Five Star Movement”. British Journal of Politics and International Relations 22 (3): 523-541. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1369148120922808.
- Haesebrouck, Tim, and Patrick A. Mello. 2020. “Patterns of Political Ideology and Security Policy.” Foreign Policy Analysis 16 (4): 565-586.
- Haesebrouck, Tim, Yf Reykers, and Daan Fonck. 2022. “Party politics and military deployments: explaining political consensus on Belgian military intervention“. European Security 31 (1): 76-96. https://doi.org/10.1080/09662839.2021.1970537
- Haesebrouck, Tim, and Anouschka van Immerseel. 2020. “When does politics stop at the water’s edge? A QCA of parliamentary consensus on military deployment decisions”. European Political Science Review 12 (3): 371-290. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1755773920000223.
- Ostermann, Falk, and Bernhard Stahl. 2022. “Theorizing Populist Radical-Right Foreign Policy: Ideology and Party Positioning in France and Germany”. Foreign Policy Analysis 18 (3). https://doi.org/10.1093/fpa/orac006.
- Ostermann, Falk, and Wolfgang Wagner. 2023 (online first). “Introducing the parliamentary deployment votes database”. Journal of Peace Research. https://doi.org/10.1177/00223433221116655.
- This is the reference publication for version #3 of the PDVD datasets.
- Vignoli, Valerio. 2020. “Where are the doves? Explaining party support for military operations abroad in Italy” . West European Politics 43 (7): 1455-1479. https://doi.org/10.1080/01402382.2019.1667164.
- Vignoli, Valerio, Falk Ostermann, and Wolfgang Wagner. 2022 (online first). “Ideological Talk, Strategic Vote: German Parties’ Positions on the Military Intervention in Afghanistan in Parliament.” German Politics: 1-23. https://doi.org/10.1080/09644008.2022.2137497.
- Wagner, Wolfgang, Anna Herranz-Surrallés, Juliet Kaarbo, and Falk Ostermann. 2018. ‘Party politics at the water’s edge: Contestation of military operations in Europe.’ European Political Science Review 10 (4): 537-563. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1755773918000097.
- Wagner, Wolfgang 2020: The Democratic Politics of Military Interventions. Political Parties, Contestation and Decisions to Use Force Abroad. Oxford (UK): Oxford University Press.
- Ostermann, Falk, Florian Böller, Flemming J. Christiansen, Fabrizio Coticchia, Daan Fonck, Anna Herranz-Surrallés, Juliet Kaarbo, Krystof Kucmas, Michal Onderco, Rasmus B. Pedersen, Tapio Raunio, Yf Reykers, Michal Smetana and Valerio Vignoli, and Wolfgang Wagner. 2020. “Constructing a Parliamentary Deployment Votes Database: Challenges of Data Collection, Classification, and Indexing”. In Research Methods in Defence Studies. A Multidisciplinary Overview. Edited by Delphine Deschaux-Dutard. London and New York: Routledge, 170-188.
- This is the reference-publication for version #2 of the PDVD datasets.
- Wolfgang Wagner, Anna Herranz-Surrallés, Juliet Kaarbo, and Falk Ostermann. 2017. Politicization, Party Politics and Military Missions. Deployment Votes in France, Germany, Spain, and the United Kingdom. Discussion Paper SP IV 2017-101, WZB Berlin Social Science Center, available from https://bibliothek.wzb.eu/pdf/2017/iv17-101.pdf.
- This publication works with version 1 of the datasets (last updated 5 July 2016).